The previous owners screwed 1/2″ plywood into the floor leaving holes which are getting rusty from the bottom.
I plan to grind the rust away and spray it with spray paint to protect it from future rust. Then, with an absence of better ideas, I will shoot some spray foam from below to fill the hole before continuing on my plan of adding seats and insulating the floor for the build out.
- Paint thinner for cleaning (and rags)
- Rust inhibiting spray paint
- JB Weld Epoxy Putty to fill in the holes.
- 50 mil Butyl sound dampening mat
- Rotary Tool with proper bit.
It is winter so the bottom is a little tricky… I need to clean it off and work in 50 degree weather (or warmer) to let the paint dry.
Step 1: Heat up the interior, grind off rust, clean with paint thinner, spray with paint (let dry). Cover with strips of 50 mil Butyl mat.